ANNOUNCEMENT FOR POSITION OPENING
PROGRAM COORDINATOR FOR NEW CHURCH MINISTRY
Disciples Church Extension Fund (DCEF) functions as a ministry of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in the United States and Canada. New Church Ministry (NCM), under the umbrella of DCEF, trains, equips, assists and multiplies emerging and affiliating congregations and leaders. The Program Coordinator is responsible for performing a variety of support activities for the NCM team, services, programs, and operations.
- Provide administrative support for NCM Team such as calendaring/scheduling, travel arrangements, reports management, note-taking, contact management, expense processing, event logistics coordination, project management, metrics oversite, research, and other duties as may be assigned
- Ensure the efficiency of operations by collaboratively driving organizational systems and processes
- Coordinate and oversee the logistics, administration, and development for NCM services, initiatives and programs
- Coordinate, organize, and manage virtual and in-person gatherings, conferences, events, and trainings. This includes registration, communication, accommodations, materials, budgeting, catering, booking, etc.
- Maintain the customer relationship management system, contact management system, database, project management system, and metrics manager
- Provide support using technology and online platforms, i.e. social media, Zoom, Concur, TripIt, MissionInsite, Prezi, Basecamp, Teachable, etc.
- Coordinate travel logistics such as booking flights, hotels, and car rentals, scheduling meetings, preparing itineraries, managing expenses, and follow-up correspondences
- Assist with preparing expense reports and budget oversight
- Prepare, edit, file, and distribute correspondence, reports, presentations, and agendas
- Prepare, distribute, and interpret demographic analysis reports
- Demonstrate experience in being organized, innovative, proactive, resourceful, self-starting, focused, persistent, detail-oriented, discreet, communicative, decisive, and an adaptive problem-solver
- Have a “servant’s heart”, foresight, self-awareness, and grit
- Manage the overall risks and issues that may arise as well as take measures to correct them when they occur
- Proficiency in technology, cloud-based tools, and software including Microsoft Office Suite
- Organize, maximize, and prioritize multiple tasks, projects, programs, and events simultaneously
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer relations skills
- Accommodating and responsive to changing priorities and fluctuating workloads
- Excellent judgment, tact, and experience in exercising discretion with confidential information
- Strong work ethic with intrinsic motivation and ability to take a high level of personal accountability for the quality and timeliness of work
- Able to work independently and as a member of an integrated team
- Cooperate effectively and respectfully with a wide range of staff members, constituents, and diversities
- Church planting, pastoral/ministerial, innovation, and/or entrepreneurial experience is a plus
- Familiarity with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) is a plus
- Spanish-speaking or multi-lingual is a plus
Educational Requirements and/or Experience
- At least two years of college or equivalent experience preferred
- Proven administrative and coordination experience
- Minimal travel will be required for meetings, conferences, and professional enrichment
- Salary range is between US $40,000 – $45,000, plus benefits
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Rhonda Hopewell, Vice President for Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes of candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the job posting will remain open until the position is filled.
Disciples Church Extension Fund/New Church Ministry does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law.