When we set out to plan New Church Ministry (NCM)’s activities for 2020, we did not know what the year would bring. But NCM’s mission to train, equip, assist, and multiply emerging and affiliating congregations and their leaders has continued amidst a year with many unexpected twists and turns. Our team made meaningful connections and nurtured new church leaders across the United States and Canada in a variety of innovative ways.
Over the past twelve months, our ministry:
- Participated in the Founders’ Festival with 89 church planters
- Collaborated with 154 registrants during the virtual New Church Summit, which was co-hosted by Disciples Church Extension Fund
- Facilitated 27 regional new church team leader meetings
- Attended ten regional (virtual) assemblies
- Provided 175 hours of expert coaching for 17 courageous new church leaders
- Conducted 14 church planter assessments
- Trained 87 new church leaders at our very first online Leadership Academy
- Trained seven new coaches, including some with Spanish-speaking language skills
- Encouraged 20 brand new plants that prepared to launch in 2020
- Registered 1,309 individuals for the second season of the New Church Hacks webinar series, including over 400 individuals for its fourth episode “16 Action Hacks to Attack Racism“
- Launched The New Church Know-It-All e-newsletter (subscribe by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Started Water the Plants, a church-wide initiative to bring together 1,000 intercessors to pray for the leaders and congregations of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) New Church Movement
- And much, much more!
These are just a few of the ways that NCM has made a real difference in people’s lives during such a challenging year. Each one of you has played an essential role in that ministry. We are grateful for your prayers, partnership, and support and we look forward to working with you in 2021!